Madrid Birko SandalsBIR-SAN-040733-WMN-C/O
This product is sold out. Enter your email, and we'll notify you when it’s back in stock.
The BIRKENSTOCK Madrid is the oldest member of the family of models, making it a veritable classic. Launched as a “gymnastics sandal” half a century ago, this simple single-strap model has gone on to become a firm fashion favorite. The upper is made from the skin-friendly, hard-wearing synthetic material Birko-Flor®.
At the heart of every Birkenstock design is the legendary footbed. The details are all in the design; each element of the footbed serves a purpose to encourage proper foot wellbeing and health. The result is signature style coupled with all day comfort.
- Anatomically shaped cork-latex footbed
- Upper: Birko-Flor®
- Footbed lining: suede
- Sole: EVA
- Details: one strap with an individually adjustable metal pin buckle
- Birko-Flor is made of easy-to-care-for and hygienic PVC, which has been lined on the inside with a soft, breathable layer of fleece. This high-quality material is very gentle on the skin, and it's comfortable while also being very durable.
- The flexible leather lining, which is gentle on the skin, nestles up softly against your foot and adjusts to its contour. The open-pored and thus very breathable surface makes for a comfortable foot climate, even during more strenuous physical activity.
- Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.