Formerly Am Getting Paid, Empire Open in 2019 is now an open pro and am street contest in Montreal with separate divisions and an equal purse for men and women.
Empire Open is also hosting The Boardr Am Finals. Winners of each stop at The Boardr Am now get a trip to Montreal, a spot directly in the Semi-Finals, and a chance at the $20,000 prize purse here.
Empire Open has been officially sanctioned by Canada Skateboard as our country’s first National street skateboarding Championship, This contest represents a real opportunity for Canadian skateboarders who dream of competing against the best athletes in the world at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games!
Register now at the link below or come down to witness skating on an epic level and watch Pro & AM’s competing for a part of that $20 000 prize purse.
2019, August 29th to September 1st.
NEW FOR 2019
Professional skateboarders can now enter the contest and once again this year, the women’s street division will get the same $20 000 cash purse as the men’s division!
Thursday, August 29th
- 12pm - 2pm: Women's Open Practice and Registration
- 2pm - 9pm: Open Practice and Registration
Friday, August 30th
- 11am - 1pm: Open Practice and Registration
- 1pm - 2pm: Women’s Open Practice
- 2pm - 3pm: Women’s Open Qualifiers
- 3pm - 6pm: Men’s Open Qualifiers
- Three skaters per jam, three minute jams
- Jam scored on overall impression
- Men’s top 30 + Women’s top 10 make the cut to Semi-Finals on Saturday
Saturday, August 31st
- 10am - 2pm: Open Practice
- 2pm - 3:45pm: Men’s Semi-Finals
- 3:45pm - 4pm: Women's Practice
- 4pm - 5pm: Women's Finals
- 5pm - 6pm: Men's Finals
- 6pm: Awards
Sunday, September 1st
**LOCATION: BLVD Saint-Laurent festival On the corner of Milton and Sherbrooke.**
- 11am - 3pm - Vans & Empire free skateboard lessons
- 3pm - 7pm: Vans Best Trick
- *Open to alls skaters. $2000 in $20 bills.*
- 7pm - 10pm: Empire’s 20th Anniversary Block Party
- Party & Live performances, DJs.
- From 10pm: After-Party Don B Comber
$20 000 prize purse for both Men and Women
- 1st: 10,000
- 2nd: 4,000
- 3rd: 2,500
- 4th - 10th: 500
Le Taz, 8931 Avenue Papineau, Montreal, QC H2M 2G2, Canada