Madrid Birko SandalsBIR-SAN-040733-WMN-C/O
This product is sold out.
The BIRKENSTOCK Madrid is the oldest member of the family of models, making it a veritable classic. Launched as a “gymnastics sandal” half a century ago, this simple single-strap model has gone on to become a firm fashion favorite. The upper is made from the skin-friendly, hard-wearing synthetic material Birko-Flor®.
At the heart of every Birkenstock design is the legendary footbed. The details are all in the design; each element of the footbed serves a purpose to encourage proper foot wellbeing and health. The result is signature style coupled with all day comfort.
- Anatomically shaped cork-latex footbed
- Upper: Birko-Flor®
- Footbed lining: suede
- Sole: EVA
- Details: one strap with an individually adjustable metal pin buckle
- Birko-Flor is made of easy-to-care-for and hygienic PVC, which has been lined on the inside with a soft, breathable layer of fleece. This high-quality material is very gentle on the skin, and it's comfortable while also being very durable.
- The flexible leather lining, which is gentle on the skin, nestles up softly against your foot and adjusts to its contour. The open-pored and thus very breathable surface makes for a comfortable foot climate, even during more strenuous physical activity.
- Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.