Imagine being on the starting line of a Formula 1 race knowing that under your hood is nothing but a Honda Civic engine. You may be at a big disadvantage compared to the drivers around you. Believe it or not, it's the same principle if you find yourself on the top of the slopes with a pair of snowboard boots that are not suited to your riding style, your board, your skills or your feet ...
Because under a Formula 1 hood, you need a Formula 1 engine. Nothing else!
To prevent you from being left behind on the slopes, we talked to Charles Gagnon, manager at Empire and snowboarding scholar to get his opinion about all the new snow boots models that recently arrived in our stores and online.
Style, rigidity, silhouette, brand, comfort, aggressiveness, response, technical details or price, there's a lot of things to know about. Here is the list of Charle's favorite snowboard boots, a tool that will allow you to put your finger on the pair that will for sure give you a head start on your friends this winter!
Before we begin, let us introduce you to Charles Gagnon, 34 years old. Snowboarding for more than 30 years, Charles has touched everything related to the sport and his knowledge on the subject is as profound as that of Einstein for maths. Charles knows how important it is to have the equipment you need to enjoy your ride to the fullest, but with the number of products we have, it can be difficult to make the perfect choice when you don't know all the particularities of the products.
Let Charles help you find THE pair that suits you perfectly.
BOOTS FOR THE SNOWPARK
THE HIGH STANDARD FROM VANS
- The best-selling Vans snowboard boot of all time and Vans team favorite
- Easy and reliable lace-up construction with an uncompromising fit for unmatched heel hold and comfort.
- Reverse Waffle rubber soles to fight fatigue, absorb impacts, optimize sensations and control.
- Heat-moldable Flex liners for instant bending and UltraCush V2 Dual Density insole for reliable absorption capabilities.
- Black / gum color available exclusively at Empire!
THE MUTINY FROM DC
- Traditional lacing system and locked heel heel makes this boot a must-have for freestyle.
- Traditional and easy lacing system
- UniLite rubber outsole
- White comfortable lining
- Impact-S soles technology offers comfort and protection for high-impact snowboarding
- Internal ankle harness.
- Direct Lacing Power System
- Flex: 6/10
THE TM 2 FROM THIRTYTWO
- Performance rubber outsole.
- STI foam cushioning
- 3D molded thongue
- Internal performance harness
- Tongue tension + Articulated cuff
- Performance Back stay
- Storm Shield
- Heel support system
- Intuition Foam
ALL MOUNTAIN BOOTS
THE MOTO FROM BURTON
- LacingSpeed Zone ™ Lacing System, powered by exclusive burton laces with Lifetime Warranty
- Flexible Thongue
- ComfortTotal Construction
- Internal gusset with snow proof lining
- NEW Imprint ™ 1+ Lining with integrated lacing, offering a new, more comfortable fit
- Sleeping Bag reflective film Cushion
- DynoLITE outsole with Shrinkage ™ footprint reduction technology
- Burton One Year Warranty
THE LASSO FROM RIDE
- Michelin® Summit Sole for more adherence to snow and ice
- BOA® Tongue Tied ™ closure system with integrated BOA® tongue to firmly hold your heel.
- BOA® Coiler ™ lacing system for quick and secure lacing.
- Foam support with Black Gold ™ lining for a high performance fit with high-density hot melt foam to keep you warm even after a full day out in the mountains.
- More rigid bending for a responsive and comfortable ride with a hassle-free lacing system.
THE TACTICAL FROM ADIDAS
- Boots with natural flex that fit your foot for a custom fit
- The boost system brings an incredible energy return during the ride and reactive impact absorption
- The heat-moldable and thermoformable Ultralon foam liner matches the shape of your foot for a comfortable and personalized fit
- 3D molded tongue for a more natural progressive flex and longer life.
- Internal ankle harness with quick lacing system secures your foot inside the liner and shell for a no-slip fit.
THE TM 3 FROM THIRTYTWO
- Performance rubber outsole with STI Energy Foam
- 3D molded thongue
- Elite internal harness
- Tongue tension +
- Articulated cuff
- Molded tip
- Performance backstay
- Eco Armor and Storm shield
- Heel support system
- Recoil Flex Control and intuition foam
THE INSANO FROM RIDE
- BOA® Focusing System with Closer ™ Lace Guide, designed to provide precise adjustment in the upper and lower areas of the boot, while the Closer for Lace ™ Guide disperses tension across the boot.
- Traction provided by the horn pattern of the Michelin® Peak Sole.
- The most rigid boot in the Ride range
- Holds upper foot and ankle
- Designed for seasoned snowboarders who want an unparalleled ride response.
THE VERSE FROM VANS
- Dual-density heat-adjustable lining with adjustable asymmetrical X-cages,
- V3 UltraCush Lite insoles and moisture-wicking Dri-Lex® lining for a comfortable, customizable fit
- Concentrated closure around the foot for superior heel hold
- Hytrel® High Bounce Removable Flex Control System that allows riders to adjust the flex of their boot
- Vans' new Ultimate Waffle outsole offers asymmetric structure for added support and reduced weight
- Breathing and waterproof valves